Finally I find out I didn't have cancer, what a relief!!!! Here it was osteoarthritis in lower lumber spine and degenerative disc disease. Great~(sarcastically)
Just so happened the Forteo Support called me to see how my new pen was doing and if I had any pain~ duh I thought. So I was honest and said how I have pain and what I just went through. God bless the rep Amanda she listened and of course jotted down the update. Here she lets me know that the main side effect is joint pain. WOW~ I hadn't read that. She said I will have it for two years and to learn to manage it. So I listened to her and she shared how it means it is "building bone". So to be in pain is good. UG but what an awakening, I had no idea.
It gave me hope believe it or not. With my new findings I called my doctor. We started on a new plan moving forward. I started with Aqua Therapy to build bone through strengthening exercises, since my bones were so brittle and happy exercises were too harsh. So I ended up going back to Akron General Lifestyles -swimming. I have not seen the lady since.
I went for my evaluation and have a slight curvature of the spine and I am weak. I cried a little when I was there but felt empowered and afraid at the same time. I contacted my massage lady, Nikki who is Gluten Free lifestyle and gave me some recipes to help with chronic inflammation. I also contacted my Craniosacral Therapist and set up some appointments. I will do anything natural~ anything
Back on the beam in health. I workout in the water two to three times every other week. Good thing my boss works with me on my schedule and my team is amazing. I would not be able to leave work early to do it anywhere else. Nor do I think I want to.
My boss let me get a massage chair for front office to help in my back. My doctor stated I could get an osteo chair later if needed.
Moving forward I share this information with hubby and he is now supportive. I think he had to work out his fears, his wife needs help now. It has been an adjustment. I am no longer Super Woman. He said I have been an inspiration, he is suppose to work out for his heart.
Everyone I meet in the pool has had an injury or some sort of disease. I am the youngest and the only one so far with Osteoporosis. The swim therapist loves me cause I am determined and funny. I always laugh at myself and I am so honest sometimes it is funny.
Swimming wear's me out, I am beat every week afterwards. But I keep on trudging forward with support from friends and family. We set off on vegetables and plant diet with lots of water. I had to quit red bull and some chocolate but I have not given up gluten free gummy bears yet. Don't think I will. I learn that everything in the middle of grocery store is bad! Twinkies went out of business so I am definitely ahead now.
Now I am on my second pen and doing core exercises everyday and swimming. Life starts to get better and I feel stronger emotionally and spiritually. Physically mmm not so much. I am very careful and have developed a fear of falling.
Moving forward has helped me not dwell in past and has empowered to try some new food every day or every other day. It has allowed me to live in the moment and I am no longer taking my life for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment