Sunday, June 30, 2013

Second Stage Osteoperosis


So its been two years since diagnosed with Osteoporosis and I tried all that Doctor's suggested before.  Boniva didn't work, calcium and magnesium didn't work, exercising didn't build bone and I didn't exercise every day because my husband and come down with congestive heart failure.  It was a bit of an attraction that you couldn't avoid.  I did quit smoking, it's been two years and I feel amazing.  I will never smoke again. Ever.  It was the hardest thing I ever did, and at the time my husbands heart failing and we were taking care of his Alzheimer Aunt and his Dad was ill. 

We lost his Aunt and his Dad two years ago in 2011.  Since then just went about life, went for my bone density test this last March and here my bone density was -2.7 spine and pelvis was worse so then the challenges began. 

I started this blog because so many things have been happening and I wanted to keep track and it is easier for me to type then write.

With that, in March my doctor wanted me to choose a bone therapy pill (I call it).  This was to help me build bone and then follow up with exercise and plant based diet.  Well I was afraid due to side effects.  So I went to my husband and we talked about it and decided to go with Forteo.  An injection I would give myself once a day for two years.

This was quite scary to me since I have never been ill or anything wrong with me ever.  I had been married for nine years at this time and a teenage son and have been fortunate not to experience anything scary.  My worst fear is cancer not osteoporosis.  That has changed. I will be sharing my experience on this silent disease that I didn't take so seriously till now.  It sounds very stupid not to take it serious but since I wasn't in pain I really didn't realize I had it.

My life has taken a serious turn in April 2013 I was in serious pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment