So with my new information of Osteoarthritis in lower lumbar spine, I called my Gynecologist and of course could not get through. I called at 8 am and was 8th in line on automated and when I finally got through I was on hold twenty seven minutes. When I got through I could only talk to the nurse who said she would let the doctor know and see us on June 26th for follow up.
I went to my primary care, now I got a primary care in the building I work in which is in Cleveland. This way I am not taking off work to go, but it is out of network so I am careful of making appointments. I am not worried, my primary care's front desk is our patient so we are cool. Anyways, I shared my information and then I had to call the facilities so she could see the results because of course they did not transfer records, even though I signed medical releases.
My Doctor gave me 600mg Ibuprofen and a script to go for aqua therapy. Exercising on the land is to dangerous for me is what she said. My spine is a spine of 88 year old unhealthy woman. She will get insurance approval and I am too go for 30 days and get evaluation and come back.
I started on my journey, I went back to where I met the lady on the bench. Akron General Life Styles on Steele's Corner Road. I was evaluated and learned my lower spine is curving due to soft tissue. I am weak so I could not complete some of the muscle tasks. Shelia the therapist said it would take some time to strengthen you being bones are brittle and to not be discouraged. I left with a whole month schedule of therapy. Told not to do anything strenuous. I said what do you mean. For example your bones are so brittle they can break while you type. Great~
I cried the whole way home to my God, wondering how this is possible. I guess it is what it is. I got home and shared with Frank that this was the road we were on now. He agreed we will take it slow. This was in end of May. We decided to take our vacation and travel to North Carolina to see friends and then ride through the Smoky Mountains. Best decision ever!!!
I practiced my core exercises on the bike to strengthen my core, packed my medicine and other items and we were out the door.
It was amazing, 6 states in 5 days. We traveled to North Carolina first and stayed at Lake Lure Inn and slept in the biggest bed ever. That was our mission only King Bed's for us.
We had a wonderful adventure and celebrate ourselves. My medicine worked out well in the travel bad and every room we just got a refrigerator which turned out $10 extra. Not bad.
It gave me hope and empowered our relationship to work together towards healthy living. We actually ate really healthy on our trip with Frank running our for chips only once.
I am ready now to trudge this road and move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment